The Dayton Germanfest Picnic is excited to announce that its new venue is RiverScape MetroPark in downtown Dayton. A survey conducted on our Facebook page showed that RiverScape MetroPark was by far the most popular choice. The Celtic Fest and other festivals have put RiverScape MetroPark on the map as Dayton’s favorite spot to celebrate, and we look forward to building on that tradition, and infusing it with our own special German ambience – we call it Gemütlichkeit.”
The new location will allow for future growth of the Germanfest Picnic, starting with extended hours this year for the Germanfest Picnic – 5-11 p.m on Friday, August 11, 11 a.m. to 11 p.m. on Saturday, August 12, and 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Sunday, August 13, with a Polka Mass at 10 a.m. The Germanfest 5K and 10K will have a new route this year, and has been moved to Saturday morning, August 12 at 9:00 a.m. Registration information is available at http://www.itsyourrace.com/event.aspx?id=2983
The Dayton Liederkranz Turner is most grateful for the tremendous outpouring of support we have received from the Dayton community this past couple months, and we look forward to welcoming everyone to Germanfest Picnic’s new home at RiverScape MetroPark for its 34th edition on August 11, 12 and 13. A full range of sponsorship, marketing, and publicity opportunities are available.
For more information, contact
John Koerner, Germanfest Picnic Chairman, 937-429-9251 firstname.lastname@example.org
LIKE us on Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/GermanfestPicnicDayton
- Continuous Live Music with Prost, Alpen Echos, Chardon Polka Band, TheSauer Brats and Organgrinder Ted Guillaum.
- Authentic German Food - Schnitzel Dinners, Brats, Metts, German Potato Salad, Sauerkraut and desserts. Gürkensalat (Cucumber Salad)
- Friday - Opening Ceremonies, Scholarship Presentation, and Keg Tapping - 6:30 p.m.
- Kidz Zone - Games, Rides
- ATMs available
- German Import Haus
- German Marktplatz - Merchandise and Craft Vendors
- Polka Mass - 10:00 a.m. Sunday
- Genealogy Support
- Huge selection of German Draft and Bottled Beer as well as German-style craft beers from Ohio Breweries. Tasting Flights available.
- Biergarten and Weingarten
- Membership Opportunities
- Huge Raffle - Grand prize Trip for 2 to GERMANY + $1000 spending money! Tickets $2 each, or 6 for $10. Drawing 5:30 p.m. Sunday.
- Bavarian Fashion Show - 2 p.m. Saturday
- 5K and 10k Race/Walk - The GermanFest 5k/10k will be held at . Registration information is available at http://www.itsyourrace.com/event.aspx?id=2983
- Cultural Heritage Booth featuring: 500th Anniversary of Martin Luther and the Reformation
- FREE RTA shuttle to parking areas downtown
Interested in your German Heritage? Stop in and meet some representatives from the DLT Genealogy Group and ask some questions! And do be sure to visit The German Geneaology Group, which meets monthly at the Liederkranz, with guest speakers and group discussions. Click on the GENEALOGY button to your left on this page for more information.
Overall Event Sponsor : $7,000 – Exclusive naming rights with name/logo on all PR including all media (ads, brochures, etc), on fest signs/banners, on volunteer tee shirts; participation in opening ceremonies; booth space and facilities and food/drink tickets for booth staff.
Overall Event Supporter: $5,000-$7,000 – Similar to above, but less prominent.
Major Venue Sponsor: $2,000 - $5,000 – Venues include Liederkranz Food Tent, Heritage Exhibits, Spass Platz (band tent), two Bier Gartens, Kidz Zone; Craft Vendor Tents; signs & banners at venue; listings in PR materials and over 5,000 programs; booth space/ facilities.
Major Activity Sponsor: $1,000 - $2,000 – Activities include Opening Ceremonies, Trachten Fashion Show, 5k/10k Run/Walk, Worker Party; Parking Shuttle: sponsor signage and promotion as appropriate; PR listings; booth space/facilities
Supporter/Donor: $100 - $1,000 – Listings in PR as appropriate; signage at the Main Event Stage
In Kind/Community Service - Opportunities exist for numerous “in-kind” donations/sponsorships and for community service work crews. Appropriate levels of PR or compensation will be matched to fit.
Inquiries to email@example.com
A DAYTON ORIGINAL
The Germanfest Picnic is very proud to be designated "A Dayton Original."